Friday, December 01, 2006

 

October 1st, 2006

Ok, I know it's not really morning here now, but I've already touched up the nail holes in the trim in the den, and put a coat of paint on the trim boards that hubby and I cut for around the bay (exterior). I'm about ready to put the meat in the crock pot for the day, and head back out to get to work on the siding. Chickens are already outside and eating scraps from last night's salad. Dog got some leftovers too, but the cats had to catch their own breakfast (Anna had a mouse, but the Dog wanted it . . .)

Here are a couple of pictures of the trim installed in the Den.



Now that I have the nail holes filled and painted, we can start moving in furniture.

Talked over selling the horses again, and again, we're not going to. I guess I should just give up the idea I'll actually ever sell them. Really need to send them somewhere to get some training. Just have not found someone within easy trailering distance. Have not tried too hard, maybe there is someone down in Howard's (NE) neck of the woods.

Hubby and I decided we'll make a real effort to get the outside of the house all finished up and nice looking. It's been in different stages of re-roofing/re-siding for three years. Neighbors' kids have even commented about the strange looking house LOL!!

I’ve been working on the sofits, they have to be done before I can go any higher with the siding. That sure is tedous work. You spend a lot of time and don’t have a lot of results to show for it.



The hay is drying, and we hope the neighbor will get it baled before we have more rain. No rain in the forecast until Tuesday. I think we may finally be out of the rainy cycle we've had since mid August. Hubby and I sure are glad we did the roof in the early summer, as we sure would not have had decent weather to do it this fall.

Yesterday Hubby and I went shopping. Spent too much money as always. I have to dress up for work, and am taking a trip to Mississippi next weekend so a few new outfits were in order. I prefer to wear my stuff until it's really worn out, but looking a bit threadbare at work is not a good idea. Got a BOD meeting on Thursday too. I draw the line at wearing makeup though LOL!

We also picked up a food saver unit. Was 1/2 off at Kohl’s, and I had a coupon for another 15% off. We've been thinking of getting one for quite a while. Now with that, and our grinder that has not been used yet (no deer last year) we'll be all set - hope the deer cooperate better this year.

Also got hubby a new computer desk. Isn't much of a desk, but he didn't want to spend much. I'm still using the old one that we built years ago for Son. He is using the bigger desk that daughter had. Yup, we seem to move furniture around like that. My old computer desk (a very large unit) is out in the shop doing duty as a junk holder now.

Well, that is life here in SD. Sun is shining and I've got work to do.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?