Monday, September 18, 2006

 

Haven’t posted a real remodeling update for a while, mostly because not much has been happening. At least I take pictures, so that provides a reminder for what I’ve been up to.

Last time I posted we had just finished carpeting and putting up wallpaper in the den. The paper I selected for the border was on backorder, and it finally showed up on Friday. Hubby helped me put it up Sunday morning. Now all we have left is putting up the trim. Most of it is ready to paint, so maybe in the not too distant future, this room will be ready for furniture.


In case it’s hard to make out, it’s appaloosa horses with a Native American theme. I have lots of other horse/appaloosa stuff that will go in this room.



As to the outside of the house, back at the end of August I finally pulled off the rest of the siding. Neighbor said he wanted it, but he never showed up, so after it got rained on a few times, it went to the dump.

Here is the back of the house with the old siding

And here it is all naked!

It was getting late, and there was more rain in the forecast, so hubby helped me get most of the house warp up before it was really dark out.


We were in a hurry and it was getting late, so I didn’t even cut out for the windows on the back side. It stayed like that for a few weeks too.


Two weekends ago, we cut the green treated plywood to go around the base. We overlapped the footing to help shed the water. May not look the best, but this is only a temporary fix anyway.


Last weekend I finally got to work putting up the siding. If you look close at the bottom you can see the GT plywood.



It does spread out a bit, so I overlapped the siding at the bottom. It isn’t great, but is an improvement over what we had. Just need it to help keep the house from rotting any worse until we get to gutting it all.

This is about all I can reach without a bigger ladder. Hubby says he’ll rent that lift for me to use, that will make it go so much faster. I’ll do the sofits then too. Hopefully it will warm back up a bit before the snow falls. Sure has been a cold, wet September so far.


Cathy


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?