Wednesday, April 19, 2006
Putting up Wallpaper
Hubby left for work around

This was prepasted paper. I measured and cut the first piece. Rolled it up inside out, then placed it in the water and pulled it out so the finished side was down. Then I folded it over to “book”.

I used the outside corner as my plumb line (and yes, it is “plumb”) and hung the first strip.

This wallpaper doesn’t really have a “match” as there is nothing on the cut edge to really line up. However I wanted the motifs to line up, so had to use a level across them to get each successive strip to match up. That was a bit of a drag, but eventually I got finished with the first wall.

At least I didn’t have a corner to deal with. We’ll eventually box in the vent, making it look like a wooden column is in the corner. There will be a matching column on the other end of the short wall, hiding the jack studs that support the header for the opening between the dining and living room.
Here is the short wall. Hopefully I’ll get to the tiling one day soon. . .

After that was done, I still had a bit of time in the afternoon, so I installed the three lights on the upper wall. These are not what I really wanted, but I could not find what I really wanted! (Looked online too, guess they are just not in style right now). My hubby really likes these ones, but agreed if I find something I like better (when they come out with new styles) I can replace them.

They match the ceiling fan in the living room, but don’t go that well with the chandelier. But it sure looks better than the holes in the wall.
I didn’t feel well yesterday, so stayed home and actually slept in. Now I have to catch up on my work (the stuff I get paid to do). Maybe I’ll be tiling THIS weekend – either that or finishing with the siding.
