Sunday, March 26, 2006

 

March 26th, 2006

Didn't make as much progress on the sheetrock as I would have liked the last two days (big shock there LOL!!)

Decided instead of rushing the project, we'll plan on spraying the ceilings next Friday. Hubby should get off work around noon (the IL crew likes to get out of town early) and be home around 3. I can have everything ready for him, he can spray the ceiling and we can get the room cleaned up.

Then we'll head east around 4am Saturday morning. We'll take my car (since the truck is acting up) and make it into the Twin Cities before noon. (We’ll stop for breakfast somewhere along the way).

Then we'll have time for lunch and visit my parents for a bit after that. We are also going to see if we can spend some time visiting hubby's grandparents for a bit. His grandparents (now over 90) are only 10 years older than my parents. Then stop in and say hello to our daughter, and then head back towards SD. My hubby does not want to stay overnight, but if he's driving, that is ok with me. I'm use to getting up and hitting the road while it's dark out, so he can sleep on the way in.

Then Sunday, if the parts for his truck show up, he'll be installing them. And we can lay the sub floor down in the dining area and I can start laying tile the week after that.

I wish I could talk hubby into staying overnight. We would leave very early in the morning, but then we could spend more time on Saturday. I'd love to go do a bit of shopping - there is a big wallpaper warehouse I'd like to stop at, and the tile liquidator - but we won't have room in the car for tiles if we get the books. Sure is a bummer the truck picked this week to act up.

We're going to make a Menards run this morning, and pick up barn cat food at TSC. Hubby's bugging me to get going, but I'm not done with my hot chocolate yet. I know better than to rush him while he's enjoying a cup of coffee . . .


It’s now late afternoon. Got what we needed at Menards and the cat food. Found some wallpaper I really liked, so won’t need to be look for that when we go into the Twin Cities. Plan on putting it on the east wall (the one that goes up into a point) and the north wall where the windows are in the dining room. It looks much prettier than the picture. That’s the tile that will be going on the floor in that area. Maybe it will all be done by May 1st, that sure would be nice.



Here are more pics of the sheetrock progress. I know, it does not look like much, but the hallway and dining area are about ready for the final sanding and priming. Still have a bit of work to do in the living room though. I’ll have to be disciplined and WORK this week if I have hopes of getting the ceilings sprayed Friday. I want to have a few days for the primer to dry.






Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?