Sunday, March 19, 2006

 

Friday, March 17, 2006

I've been working on the sheetrock off and on today (more off than on thought). My hubby came home around 11am. It was too cold to drill, so they put in thier 2 hours "show up" time doing maintenance, and then headed out. We went to the bank, dropped off some letters at the post office. Got chicken and dog food. Stopped at Sears to look at thier rototillers (I think I got hubby talked into letting me get one). Then headed to Cabela's and got some shooting related stuff (no guns though). We then headed accross the street to Menards and picked up two buckets of premixed sheetrock mud.Next stop was Wallmart to get cheese. Yup, they are the only store in this area that carries decent chedder. SD may have good beef, but they don't know what good cheese is (makes me almost miss WI).

Then we picked up a couple of batteries for Hubby's 3/4 Chev desiel. He's tired of it not starting, and finally broke down and got new batteries. He replaced all the glowplugs earlier this winter, so when it's got a charge, it pops right off.

We were going to head to the grocery store, but decided we already had a car full. So we headed back home.

Right now Hubby is out shoot at geese. He's already got two (they are in my laundry tub, so I had to use the bathtub to wash my tools).

I'm hearing lots of shooting - he'll be happy even if he doesn't get any more.

I tried Mud's trick with the dishwasher soap. Seems to work well, though I'm not sure if I'm adding the right amount. Just a little bit drizzled over the top, and then mixed in well. It does seem to help, but I don't really care of the smell. I prefer unscented stuff, but I like using Dawn, and have not seen it in unscented.

I considered working really hard and possibly having the ceilings ready for my hubby to spray sunday afternoon. But that would be a real push, so I think I'll just plan on having that done next weekend. There is an auction Hubby wants to go to tomorrow morning anyway.

Back to the rototiller - anybody want to buy a 5 year old Troybilt Bronco? Works as designed, just not well for the way I garden.

Cathy


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?